Wednesday 7 September 2011

Balance Me Body Wash in Red Magazine


I love finding new organic brands, and I was really excited to find a freebie with this months Red Magazine. Balance Me were offering a choice of two 125ml body washes, Rose Otto or Super Moisturising. I opted for the Super Moisturising as my skin is prone to being a touch on the dry side.



This product, which normally retails at £8, is 99% natural in origin and doesn’t contain any nasties, so it sounded great. It contains Yarrow, Patchouli, Shea Butter and Aloe Vera which are known to help to calm and nourish the skin, there are also a quite a few essential oils in it so it’s got a very strong spicy scent that certainly perks you up in the morning. Once it’s been rinsed off the scent does pretty much disappear, which is great if you don’t want it affecting your perfume, but not so great if you want a long lasting fragrance from your shower gel. After using it, my skin did feel nice and soft, but I’m a body cream addict, so I still slapped my cream on.

I’m not sure I’d buy this product again, but that’s mainly because of the smell, the ginger and patchouli are just too over powering, but that’s a personal preference!! However I have now checked out the rest of the Balance Me range and there’s a few products I’d like to try. The skin brightening exfoliating polish at just £15 looks interesting and contains spearmint, which is my ultimate favourite essential oil. I’m sure this will be purchased and reviewed in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment